Confused by Social Media Marketing for Business
In this post, we hope to provide some outlining of the value of social media to those who just don’t see how it can help their business. We all know a few people that this post may find helpful in changing the mind of those so confused by social media and how to use it for marketing.
The year halfway through and more changes have come to the Social Media and how it can supercharge your marketing efforts. It’s perhaps never more necessary to utilize Social Media to reach those customers who will benefit from your products and services. There are still some people out there who’re still on the fence about Social Media’s value hopefully we can help them.
The Value of Social Media.
If you’re reading this, I’ll take a wild guess that you can be described as one of these two types, or maybe you fall somewhere in between:
◾You’re frustrated that the boss doesn’t see how valuable Social Media can be for business.
◾Or you think Social Media is a waste of time.
While this post is for every person on that spectrum, I feel the need to outline some of the ideas we discuss Social Media marketing. Those who are stuck because their manager or owner needs coaxing to see how amazing Social Media is at building lasting relationships and generating leads.
Here are two approaches you should consider.
The first show them how to move forward with Social Media. Prepare to speak on how it makes good business sense to utilize this method of marketing.
1. Social Media not just for cat pictures and videos. It’s hard work and takes great strategic planning and effort. Don’t make it look easier than it really is.
2. Word of mouth is the most effective and least costly way to market anything, so amplify your happy, loyal customers’ voice. Happy customers drive customer satisfaction which leads to 2 things: word of mouth and loyalty.
3. Determine what value is for them and help them understand how this will help them. Say something like you may remember what it was like before cell phones. These devices were revolutionary but they’re commonplace now. Just like TV, radio and even newspapers were relevant in their time. Today, the customer is online and we need to be online, this is where social media can help.
4. Good business decisions are based on getting the best solution for the least cost. Many have said that ROI on Social Media is a myth. Unlike other forms of media and advertising Social Media is the most measurable media there is, especially if you’re comparing it to traditional mass media. Before you start, set objectives and be sure to tie the measurement back to your objectives like. More views of a new product or service the company just released.
Your second approach is Emotional.
1. Say, “You’re right” when they object. Make it easier for them if need be for them to swallow their pride.
2. Explain to them this isn’t for everyone but you know very well it can work for some. Then appeal to their ego by painting a picture of how good they’ll look to the customers and the industry by being the best or cornering the market your in.
3. They may be adverse to taking a risk in order to sell more cars, houses, or whatever widgets you make sell or service. Just outline how the risk will pay off.
4. Demonstrate how content has on prospective buyers (especially the content you publish yourself) remember you are the expert in your field so speak to potential clients from that position of authority. Prospects are more likely to buy from brands they know, like and trust. Social Media allows you to build your brands image, story, by providing information (especially stuff they didn’t know they didn’t know) which drives up your credibility and brand recognition.
Be sure to add some Social proof to rise above the noise. Be certain to show how consumers behave when they see their friends’ liking something or sharing their positive experience. You’ve never been able to listen in to what customers are saying…until now.
Every business must market where their customer spends their time. And where is today’s customer? Online. So get online where they are and interact with them where they spend time.
Other Articles You Might Find interesting :